Gary Nicholson is a seasoned civil litigator with extensive experience in all types of civil law practice with a concentration in insurance defense work. He has appeared in many of the Circuit Courts of Florida, as well as before the Florida and Federal Appeals Courts.
Since becoming a Certified Mediator in 2012 he has mediated hundreds of matters, large and small, simple and complex, few parties and many. His primary area of his mediation practice is in the first and third-party insurance arena but includes: general business/corporate matters, homeowners’ associations, employment law, and other civil law cases, litigated and non-litigated.
His ligation experience (100 cases tried to jury verdict) gives him a unique insight into the issues before the parties’ positions at mediation.
- University of Florida, BSJ, 1974, with Honors.
- University of Florida, JD, 1977, with Honors.
Admitted to Practice
- The North Carolina State Bar, 1977
- The Florida Bar, 1977
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1980
Professional or Trade Affiliations
- Certified Circuit Civil/Federal Mediator since 2012
- Certified Arbitrator since 2019
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals since 2017
Honors & Awards
- AV-rated by Martindale Hubbell since 1995