For nearly 20 years, Jeff Ward practiced as a trial lawyer in Georgia. Over that span, he tried cases to jury verdict in both state and federal court and regularly provided guidance and counsel to a variety of clients. His civil litigation experience encompasses pre-lawsuit consultation, trial practice, and the appeals process. In 2016, Jeff began mediating cases and he now does so full time.
Jeff practiced General Casualty Law, Professional Malpractice Law, Commercial Transportation Law, and Construction Law. For several years, he served as regional trial counsel for a Fortune Five international retailer in professional negligence matters. In addition, he represented clients ranging from Fortune 100 retail companies to hospitals, health care providers, and construction professionals. Over his career as a litigator, Jeff took and defended hundreds of depositions including expert witnesses in the medical, engineering, and construction fields.
Before law school, he worked as a private environmental consultant handling wetland delineation, mitigation consultations, and negotiations with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. He holds a master’s degree in this field.
Jeff earned an AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell recognizing his legal expertise and high ethical standards. He served for many years as a Brunswick Judicial Circuit representative on the State Bar of Georgia Board of Governors and a member of the U.S. District Court’s Southern District Advisory Council. He is currently the President of the Georgia Defense Lawyers Association (GDLA). Additionally, Jeff was recently inducted into the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals, Georgia Chapter.
- University of Georgia, J.D., 2002, Cum Laude
- Arizona State University, M.S., 1995
- Minnesota State University, B.A. 1992, Cum Laude
Admitted to Practice
- United States Supreme Court
- All Georgia State Courts
- USDC Northern, Southern and Middle District
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Supreme Court
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
Professional or Trade Affiliations
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia Advisory Committee
- State Bar of Georgia: Discovery of ESI Task force (2015 – 2016); Board of Governors (2012 – 2018); Commission on Continuing Lawyer Competency (2018 – current)
- American Bar Association: Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section (TIPS) and the Commercial Transportation Litigation Committee (formerly)
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association: President (2020 – 2021); Newsletter Editor in Chief (2015 – 2018); Trial and Mediation Academy Faculty
- Georgia Registered Civil Mediator
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys (formerly)
- Defense Research Institute (formerly)
- Old Warhorse Lawyers Club