Welcome to Miles’ education division. At Miles, our approach to continuing legal education (CLE) is simple. We focus on helping you learn, and master, the skills you need to succeed as an attorney and as a neutral.
Each of our CLE courses is led by a seasoned expert in his or her field and designed to offer practical, effective strategies you can immediately put into use whether you’re an attorney, a mediator, or an arbitrator. Our courses are designed to give you the skills and knowledge that will help you build a successful, thriving career.
Our CLE courses:
- Are taught by seasoned professionals with more than a decade’s experience in their fields;
- Include specific how-to strategies and skills that you can immediately implement into your practice;
- Are designed for both new attorneys and more experienced lawyers looking to hone their litigation and dispute resolution skills;
- Typically last less than an hour yet are packed with information;
- Allow you to choose the specific courses you’re interested in without having to purchase a subscription or package; and
- Are taught by a diverse panel of neutrals with a wide range of expertise.
Our current course list includes:
- Bracketology: Using Conditional Offers to Settle Your Case as Mediation
- The Early Stages of Caucusing
- Language Barriers in Mediation (Professionalism)
- Mediating Cases Involving Issues of Fiduciary Duty
- Mediating Legal Malpractice Claims: Nuances of the Case Within the Case
- Old School Mediation Strategies in the Digital Age
- Pre-Mediation and Openings
- “Trauma-Informed” Mediation: What is it, and Why Does it Matter?
- Utilization of Experts in Mediation