Savannah trial attorney Danny Cohen opened Miles Mediation’s first satellite office in Savannah, Georgia in 2016. Prior to becoming a full-time mediator and arbitrator at Miles in 2016, Danny was a partner and trial attorney for over 35 years with Savannah-based Brannen, Searcy & Smith, LLP. He has tried scores of cases all over coastal Georgia and the low country of South Carolina, ranging from construction defect to personal injury. Mr. Cohen is a member of the Georgia Academy of Distinguished Neutrals; he has received an AV preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell; and has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America in the practice area of Alternative Dispute Resolution since 2008. When Miles decided to open an office in Savannah, Danny was the perfect fit to spearhead the opening as Team Leader in July 2016.
Danny has served as a special master, arbitrator, and mediator in hundreds of cases for over a decade. He has a wealth of experience mediating cases involving personal injury, medical malpractice, commercial and business, premises liability, product liability, torts, trucking, employment/discrimination, wrongful death and construction litigation claims. While based in Savannah, Danny mediates cases all over Georgia and South Carolina.
Danny is also an integral part of the Savannah community. He is a big proponent of arts education for youth. He’s on the board of two arts organizations in Savannah that have strong educational outreach programs to teach young adults about the diversity of American vocal music. These programs, The American Traditions Vocal Competition and the Savannah Voice Festival, go into local schools to help foster a love of music.
- Presbyterian College, 1982, cum laude
- Honors Oeland Scholarship, Blue Key, Voice Scholarship
- Activities Year Book Editor, Kappa Alpha Order,
- University of South Carolina School of Law, 1985
- Honors Chief Justice Moor Court Board, Order of the Barristers, Dean’s List
- Activities Legal Writer Instructor
Admitted to Practice
- Court, Year 1985, South Carolina – All State Courts, Court of Appeals and SC Supreme Court,, and District Court of South Carolina
- Court, Year 1986, Georgia – All State Courts, Georgia Court of Appeals, Georgia Supreme Court, US Federal Court, Southern District, Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
Professional or Trade Affiliations
- South Carolina Bar Association and State Bar of Georgia
- Savannah Bar Association
- Martindale Hubble AV Rating