Hon. Tabitha Ponder
Hon. Tabitha Ponder earned a B.S. degree in Psychology from Albany State University in 1996 and a J.D. from Mercer University School of Law in 1999. She began her legal career as an Insurance Defense Attorney. In 2007, she became the Founder/Managing Attorney of the Ponder Law Group, LLC, a statewide litigation firm focusing primarily on Injury Law and Real Estate. She is now a part-time Cobb County Magistrate Court judge and a certified Civil/Domestic Relations Mediator and Arbitrator. Ponder also has experience with family law, complex litigation, business law, worker’s comp, liability, and she’s a Special Master for Cobb Superior Court.
Hon. Tabitha Ponder is recognized statewide for her expertise and commitment to improving access to justice. She currently serves as the contracted Staff Attorney for the Georgia Judicial Council’s Access to Justice Committee under the leadership of Justice Charlie Bethel, and she was recently appointed to staff the Judicial Council’s new Ad Hoc Committee on Improving Community Access to Legal Resources. She was appointed to serve as Special Master for Cobb County Superior Court in 2017. She also previously taught as an Adjunct Professor for seven years at Albany State University.
She is a member of the Georgia Bar Association and Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys. She also serves as a Board Member of the Georgia Association of Women Lawyers as Vice President of the Leadership Academy. Judge Ponder’s service also extends to the Cobb County Bar Association, Gate City Bar Association, the Cobb County Branch NAACP, and Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. She was recently appointed to serve as Treasurer to Mercer’s BLSA Alumni Executive Board, and she resides in Marietta with her family.
- Albany State University, B.S. Psychology, 1996
- Mercer University School of Law, J.D., 1999
Admitted to Practice
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia State and Superior Courts
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeals U.S. District Court, Middle Georgia, 2002
Professional or Trade Affiliations
- Georgia Bar Association, Member
- Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys, Member
- Board Member of the Georgia Association of Women Lawyers as Vice President of the Leadership Academy
- Cobb County Bar Association, Member
- Gate City Bar Association, Member
- Cobb County Branch NAACP, member
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Member
- Mercer BLSA Alumni Executive Board, Treasurer
- Georgia Judicial Council’s new Ad Hoc Committee on Improving Community Access to Legal Resources, Staff Member