Meredith has practiced employment law in Charlotte for three decades. She brings to the mediation table a unique skill set garnered from her diverse practice experience. Meredith has represented employers of all sizes, including the fifth largest employer in the United States, as the Charlotte practice group leader of an AmLaw 100 firm, start-up companies with less than a dozen employees at the boutique firm where she is now a partner, and employers of all sizes in between.
When not mediating through Miles, she practices law as a partner at the Charlotte boutique law firm of Alexander Ricks, PLLC, where she provides clients with comprehensive transactional, counseling, training, and litigation services with respect to all aspects of the employer/employee relationship.
Meredith has significant experience litigating, settling, and mediating all types of employment discrimination, disability law, employment law, non-competition and other restrictive covenants, human resources matters, wage and hour law, labor law, and all aspects of the employer/employee relationship cases. She has been recognized multiple times by Business North Carolina as amongst the Legal Elite in the area of Employment Law. In 2021, she was named the top labor and employment lawyer in the State of North Carolina by Business North Carolina magazine. Prior to joining Miles in 2020 and her law firm Alexander Ricks in 2015, Meredith practiced in the area of labor and employment law at Alston & Bird LLP and in the areas of commercial litigation and employment law at Moore & Van Allen PLLC.
Meredith has a proven record of success in mediating civil disputes to resolution since 2015. In addition to mediating all types of labor and employment disputes, she has mediated and achieved settlement in a myriad of civil litigation matters, including contract, commercial, personal injury, and other tort matters. In the labor and employment arena, she has successfully mediated both pre-dispute and litigation matters alleging workplace harassment and discrimination, sexual assault, wage and hour disputes, complex compensation disputes involving stock and equity interests, wrongful termination, defamation, and restrictive covenant/non-compete/trade secret disputes.
- The University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1994
- University of Virginia, B.A, with honors, 1990
Admitted to Practice
- All North Carolina state courts
- United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of North Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
Professional or Trade Affiliations
- Multi-year recognition in Business North Carolina magazine as one of the North Carolina Legal Elite in the area of Employment Law
- Council for Children’s Rights, Custody Advocate
- Society for Human Resources Management of Charlotte, Board of Directors
- Mecklenburg County Bar Board of Directors (2008-2011), Chair of MCB Social and Networking Committee (2012-2014), Frequent program planner and speaker for continuing legal education programs