Sasan Nematbakhsh is an accomplished mediator and arbitrator. He is currently serving as the chair of the Dispute Resolution Section of the State Bar of Georgia Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee and is the immediate past chair of the Dispute Resolution Section of the State Bar of Georgia, He has been a guest lecturer of dispute resolution classes at Georgia State University College of Law, University of Georgia School of Law, and John Marshall Law School.
Sasan has traveled to 25 countries and routinely provides international peacekeeping and cross-cultural ADR consulting for disputes involving parties of diverse nationalities and backgrounds.
A former Atlanta Beltline and Center for Metropolitan Growth fellow, Sasan is the managing partner of Nemat Law Firm LLC. The firm specializes in representing commercial landlords and tenants in landlord-and-tenant disputes. His experience as a commercial real estate developer enables him to resolve complex business, commercial, and real estate disputes.
Sasan is an active member of the community and has previously served on various boards of directors. He is an advocate of universal human rights, and in furtherance of fundamental civil liberties — particularly the First Amendment right to free speech — often represents and consults with Iranian-American dissidents protesting political tyranny on a pro-bono basis.
Speaking engagements and articles:
- Panelist: 22nd Annual ADR Institute and 2015 Neutrals’ Conference by State Bar of Georgia Dispute Resolution Section and Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution (December 11, 2015): Panel on Willem C. Vis International Vienna Arbitral Mediation Moot Competition
- Panelist: On Second Thought with Celeste Headlee, NPR GPB, Workforce Housing Zoning Mandate.
- Sasan Nematbakhsh, Making Sense of Atlanta’s New Affordable Housing Rules, Curbed Atlanta, February 5, 2018. https://atlanta.curbed.com/2018/2/5/16973966/atlanta-affordable-housing-beltline-inclusionary-zoning
- Speaker: 27th Annual ADR Institute and 2020 Neutrals’ Conference by State Bar of Georgia Dispute Resolution Section and Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution (November 19, 2021): Cross Cultural Competency in Mediation of Local, National and International Disputes
- Moderator: State Bar of Georgia Dispute Resolution Section (August 20, 2021): Seminar on Uniform Mediation Act
- Moderator: State Bar of Georgia Dispute Resolution Section (September 20, 2021) Seminar on Practical Considerations of Uniform Mediation Act
- Speaker: State Bar of Georgia Dispute Resolution Section, Construction Section, Judicial Section (October 21, 2021): Construction Symposium