Mr. Bechtel was admitted to the State Bar of Georgia and joined Crim & Bassler, L.L.P. in 1988 following his graduation from Mercer. Mr. Bechtel is an AV-rated attorney who has focused his practice in the areas of insurance and tort defense, personal injury, and general civil litigation. As a partner with the firm, Mr. Bechtel has tried 175 cases as lead counsel across the state of Georgia. More than 29 years of litigation/trial experience has helped him successfully transition into the mediation arena. In 2011, Mr. Bechtel joined Miles Mediation & Arbitration Services, LLC and since that time, has mediated/arbitrated hundreds of disputes. Mr. Bechtel is married and the proud parent of one daughter.
Mr. Bechtel graduated from Macon Junior College in 1983 and obtained a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the University of Georgia in 1985. Mr. Bechtel earned his law degree from the Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University in 1988.
Admitted to Practice
- Georgia State and Superior Courts-1988
- Georgia Court of Appeals-1988
- Supreme Court of Georgia-1988
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia-1988
Professional or Trade Affiliations
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Cobb County Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Miles Mediation & Arbitration Services, LLC