Audrey Berland is a certified mediator with the State of Georgia who joined Miles Mediation after nearly 30 years of litigation experience. In addition to serving as a mediator, Audrey also serves as a special master/court-appointed neutral and is on the board of the Academy of Court-Appointed Special Masters (now known as the Academy of Court-Appointed Neutrals).
In private practice, Audrey has handled a wide variety of commercial and tort litigation matters through all phases of litigation. For over 15 years, Audrey’s practice was focused on litigating multiparty product liability cases involving catastrophic injuries. She has also represented a broad range of clients, from Fortune 500 companies to small businesses and individuals. Audrey has experience handling varied types of litigation, including: claims involving product and pharmaceutical liability; environmental insurance coverage; construction defects; and medical malpractice. Audrey has also handled business litigation matters, including enforceability of noncompete and non-solicitation covenants, breach of contract, and tortious interference with the same.
Through her experience in managing complex litigation, as well as counseling clients in less complex disputes, Audrey has gained the perspective to hear what is driving parties to litigate, as well as the capacity to assist parties in moving beyond reactionary positions toward conducting informed evaluations of their resolution options.
Audrey is a member of the Georgia Bar, the Atlanta Bar, and the American Bar Associations. She is admitted to practice in the Court of Appeals of Georgia, the Supreme Court of Georgia and both the U.S. Northern and Southern District Courts of Georgia. Audrey has been a master with the Bleckley Inn since 2009 and is the past vice president and treasurer for the Atlanta chapter of the Georgia Association of Women Lawyers. She is a member of The Lawyers Club of Atlanta, was selected as a 2019 Lawyer of Distinction, and was named a Georgia Super Lawyer from 2019 to 2023.
- Tulane University, B.S., cum laude, 1990
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D.,1994
Admitted to Practice
- State/Superior Courts of Georgia, 1994
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 1995
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 1995
- United States District Court Northern District of Georgia, 1995
- United States District Court Middle District of Georgia, 2005
Professional or Trade Affiliations
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Georgia Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Bleckley Inn of Court, Master
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers
- American Institute of Trial Lawyers
- The Lawyers Club of Atlanta
Honors and Awards
- Georgia Super Lawyer 2019-2021
- Lawyer of Distinction, 2019