Roy has been practicing in Savannah, Georgia since the summer of 1983, when he completed his clerkship with the Honorable Dudley H. Bowen, Jr., United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia. He joined Bouhan, Williams & Levy as an associate and was admitted as a partner in 1988. Roy subsequently joined Bart, Meyer & Company, LLP as a partner in 2010. While at Bouhan, Williams & Levy, he acquired experience in a number of areas. Roy’s practice focused on commercial litigation, but he also worked extensively in personal injury defense, construction law, and employment matters. Roy also began to offer his services as a mediator and arbitrator. When he left to join Bart, Meyer & Company, LLP in 2010, Roy continued his existing litigation practice, but grew his practice in the areas of fiduciary, estate and probate litigation. He also undertook to expand his mediation practice and ultimately joined Miles in July of 2017 while continuing with his litigation practice.
- University of Georgia (B.A. History, magna cum laude 1978); Phi Beta Kappa
- University of Georgia School of Law (J.D. cum laude 1981); Editorial and
- Managing Board of the Georgia Law Review
Admitted to Practice
Roy has been admitted to practice in the Superior and State Courts of Georgia since 1981 and has also been admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Georgia and the Georgia Court of Appeals. He is also admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the Southern, Middle and Northern District of Georgia as well as the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals. Roy is also a member of the Court of Claims.
Professional or Trade Affiliations
- Georgia Bar Association; President of the Savannah Bar Association 2012-2013
Honors and Awards
- Selected as Georgia Super Lawyer 2008-2017 (Business Litigation)
- Top 100 Attorneys in Georgia published in Atlanta Magazine, March 2013
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Registered arbitrator and mediator with the Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution