Prior to joining Miles Mediation & Arbitration in Charlotte, Salim Uqdah opened his own business, Uroboros Mediations, in 2018, and worked diligently at Mecklenburg County Courthouse for three years.
Salim graduated from High Point University with a B.S. in Psychology and a B.A. in Political Science in 2013. Also, Salim graduated from Central Piedmont Community College’s Post Baccalaureate Paralegal Program with honors and received the Outstanding Student Award in Paralegal Technology in 2015.
Salim combines perseverance, passion, and empathy to achieve hard-won successes and constantly diversifies his skills, talents, and network. He is one of a few Advanced Practitioners of the Association of Conflict Resolution Academy of Family Mediators in North Carolina and is a member of the NC Association of Professional Family Mediators.
Salim is also a North Carolina Certified Paralegal and eDiscovery Advanced Specialist. In addition, he is a member of the Dispute Resolution Council for the North Carolina Bar Association (NCBA), an active member of its Race and Equity Committee, and Co-Chair of the Section Pro Bono Committee. Salim is on the Board of Directors for Care Ring, Playing for Others, and the North Carolina Civil Collaborative Law Association.
Locally, Salim served on the Mecklenburg Justice Access Initiative Dispute Resolution Committee, is the President of Business Networking International (BNI) Charlotte Achievers, a member of Pauli Murry LGBT+ Bar Association, and the Charlotte LGBT Chamber of Commerce.
As a Social Entrepreneur, Salim attempts to find new ways to innovate to increase social harmony and goodwill within his immediate communities and overall society. He is the co-owner of the Dispute Resolution Group (DRG) alongside his business partner Amy Cox Gruendel, which provides dispute resolution consulting services to organizations looking to innovate. In response to COVID-19, Amy and Salim have created a pilot program called Dispute Resolution Hotline that aids the Mecklenburg District Court to handle the backlog caused by the pandemic and assists tenants and landlords in engaging in a voluntary mediation program.
He currently conducts them with the NC Office of State Human Resources and conducted past volunteer mediations. Please contact Salim if you have any needs regarding Consulting or Dispute System Design.
- High Point University, B.S. in Psychology, B.A. in Political Science, 2013
- Central Piedmont Community College, Post Baccalaureate Paralegal Program with honors, and received Outstanding Student Award in Paralegal Technology, 2015
- Clerk of Court Mediation Training, Guardianship & Estates (10 credit hours) – Mediation Inc., April 2021
- NC OSHR Employment Law Mediation Training (40 credit hours) – Carolina Dispute Settlement Services, February 2020
- Family Financial Mediation Training in the Carolinas (40 credit hours), RSR Mediation Training, October 2018
- Superior Court Mediated Settlement Conference Training (40 credit hours) – Wake Forest University, March 2018
- Approved Industrial Commission Mediator
- NCDRC – Certified Superior Court & Family Financial Mediator Clerk of Court, Special Proceedings, Estates & Guardianship
- CDC Certified Divorce Coach, CDC Certified Transition & Recovery Coach
- FINRA Securities Arbitrator
- An Approved Mediator for U.S. Federal Court Western District of North Carolina
- Collaboratively Trained Neutral Facilitator
- NC OSHR Employment Mediator
The Mediator’s Spectrum: Four Reasons to Consider Non-Attorney Mediators, February 2023
Honors and Awards
12th Annual Top 30 Under 30 “Future Leaders Of Charlotte”
Professional or Trade Affiliations
- Try Someone New: Diverse Mediator List
- NCBA Dispute Resolution Section Council Member & Co-Chair of the Pro Bono Committee
- National Association of Divorce Professionals, January 2021 – August 2022
- North Carolina Association of Professional Family Mediators, Nov 2021 – Present
- President of Business Networking International (BNI) Charlotte Achievers
- Pauli Murry LGBT+ Bar Association, Member
- Carolinas LGBT Chamber of Commerce, Member