Episode 3.13: Paula Frederick on Supporting Georgia Bar Members
GC Series, Season 3 | Social Share
Miles Mediation & Arbitration Neutral Winter Wheeler sits down with Paula J. Frederick to discuss ongoing challenges in the legal industry in this episode of The Future of Resolution podcast. Paula is general counsel of the State Bar of Georgia and Chair of the ABA Standing Committee on Ethics and Professional Responsibility.
This episode covers:
- Paula’s day to day responsibilities as General Counsel
- The similarities between her role and that of any in-house counsel in terms of advising leadership
- Ethics, grievance investigations, and hearings
- Paula’s commitment advocating for attorneys
- How mental and physical health impact an attorney’s practice
- The process behind rule changes
- Questions Paula has received about Covid-19
- Adapting to technology in response to stay at home orders
- The relationship between the Supreme Court and the Bar
- The plan for reopening the office in consideration of CDC Guidelines
- Programs available to support lawyers like the Ethics Helpline
Listen to this informative interview to learn how the State Bar of Georgia both advocates and supports its members. “Paula Frederick on Supporting Georgia Bar Members” is available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, and Soundcloud. This podcast is the latest in a series of episodes that features thought leaders in Georgia’s legal community and beyond. Learn more about of The Future of Resolution Podcast.