Blane McCarthy is a board-certified civil trial lawyer and a certified circuit mediator whose law practice is now limited to conducting mediations.
Current Practice = Full-Time Mediator: As a certified circuit mediator since 2000, Blane has conducted over 500 mediations, primarily for personal injury matters, commercial disputes, settlement conferences, and probate cases. He chaired the Jacksonville Bar Association’s Mediator Section for eight years, has served on the JBA’s Board of Governors since 2013, and will be the JBA President in 2023-2024. Blane joined Miles Mediation & Arbitration in August 2021 to transition to full-time mediation and to help open its Jacksonville office. Blane offers in-person, virtual, and hybrid mediations.
Prior Practice = Injury Lawyer & Mediator: Prior to transitioning to full-time mediation, Blane primarily represented injury victims. He achieved Board Certification (Civil Trial) by the Florida Bar in 2010 and has the highest ratings available from Martindale Hubbell (5.0 AV) and Avvo (10.0). He handled cases involving a wide spectrum of injuries – from broken fingers to catastrophic third-degree burns to death.
- Stetson University College of Law, Juris Doctorate, cum laude, 1995
- Stetson University, Bachelor of Business Administration, magna cum laude, 1992
Admitted to Practice
- The Florida Bar, 1995
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1995
Professional or Trade Affiliations
- Jacksonville Bar Association – President-Elect 2022-2023, Treasurer 2021-2022, Secretary 2020-2021, Board of Governors since 2013, Inaugural Chairman of the Litigation Section 2012-2013, Chairman of the ADR Practitioner’s Section 2003-2005 and 2006-2012
- Christian Legal Society, Jacksonville attorney chapter – President 2000-2002, Board of Governors 2002-2008, 2012-2019, Director of the Pro Bono Project (legal aid ministry with the City Rescue Mission) since 2001
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals, since 2011
Honors & Awards
- Board Certification in Civil Trial law by The Florida Bar, since 2010
- AV-rated by Martindale Hubbell, since 2004
- Certified Circuit Mediator, since 2000
- Florida Bar President’s Pro Bono Service Award, 2015
- Jacksonville Bar Association President’s Award, 2019