As a Certified Circuit Mediator, I help bring peaceful resolutions to disputes in a way that is quick, professional, and cost-effective. Almost all state and federal judges now require lawsuits to go through mediation. It is often the last best chance for the parties to control the outcome themselves. The alternative – trusting a jury of six strangers – is usually less appealing.
Many businesses and individuals are wisely seeking the early help of a mediator before spending unnecessary time and money in a lawsuit. I handle litigation and pre-suit mediations.
The Florida Supreme Court’s certification process is designed to ensure that Mediators are properly trained and skilled to help bring peace to disputes. Since my certification in the year 2000, I have been referred cases by judges, attorneys, businesses, individuals, and the State of Florida. As a Florida Mediator, I have mediated a wide variety of legal issues, including Personal Injury, Commercial, Probate, Foreclosure, Consumer, Nursing Home, Insurance, Homeowner Association disputes, and Collections cases.
- Stetson University College of Law, Juris Doctorate, cum laude, 1995
- Stetson University, Bachelor of Business Administration, magna cum laude, 1992
Admitted to Practice
- The Florida Bar, 1995
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1995
Professional or Trade Affiliations
- Jacksonville Bar Association – President-Elect 2022-2023, Treasurer 2021-2022, Secretary 2020-2021, Board of Governors since 2013, Inaugural Chairman of the Litigation Section 2012-2013, Chairman of the ADR Practitioner’s Section 2003-2005 and 2006-2012
- Christian Legal Society, Jacksonville attorney chapter – President 2000-2002, Board of Governors 2002-2008, 2012-2019, Director of the Pro Bono Project (legal aid ministry with the City Rescue Mission) since 2001
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals, since 2011
Honors & Awards
- Board Certification in Civil Trial law by The Florida Bar, since 2010
- AV-rated by Martindale Hubbell, since 2004
- Certified Circuit Mediator, since 2000
- Florida Bar President’s Pro Bono Service Award, 2015
- Jacksonville Bar Association President’s Award, 2019