Jennifer has 22 years of courtroom, trial, and conflict resolution experience. She is a former partner and construction practice group leader of a large 150+ member law firm and is double- barred in both Florida and Georgia. As a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Court Mediator, Registered Neutral in the State of Georgia, and a Super Lawyer in the area of ADR, she resolves complex litigation.
A full-time arbitrator and mediator since 2016, Jennifer has resolved private and court-ordered business and construction disputes, including:
- Arbitrating an $18MM dispute involving construction of a dam and water reservoir with grout curtain and cut off wall. Issues involved differing site conditions, schedule and critical path impacts, and liquidated damages.
- Arbitrating a $7MM dispute involving multi-family residential construction project involving nine buildings. Issues involved negligent construction, breach of warranty, wrongful termination, and payment claims.
- Arbitrating numerous negligent construction cases involving commercial, multi-family, and mixed-use residential properties. Issues involved framing, roofing, interior finishing, windows, building envelope, HVAC, plumbing, stucco, mold, and water intrusion, alleged defects in construction, delays, lien claims, unlicensed contractor claims, lost profits, and liquidated damages claims.
- Arbitrating a dispute involving alleged fraud in the purchase and sale of multi-family real estate tracts. Issues involved due diligence, disclosures, representations, warranties, and the calculation of damages.
- Mediating hundreds of cases involving construction contract claims, negligent construction, and payment disputes, Miller Act claims, surety bond claims, insurance coverage, bad faith claims, change order disputes, and delay claims.
- Mediating multi-party cases, both in-person and virtually, involving 30+ participants.
Jennifer has significant experience in the following types of disputes: construction contract claims, delay claims, construction defects, payment and performance bond claims, payment disputes, warranty claims, liens, licensing, subcontractor defaults, termination claims, geotechnical and subsurface condition claims, differing site conditions, negligence, general liability claims, property damage, and environmental pollution and contamination claims.
Her construction-specific project experience includes roadway and road widening, airport taxiways and runways, military base facilities construction, fire stations, dam and reservoirs, churches, condominiums, civil and site work, HVAC, electrical systems, conveyer systems, parking deck failures, roof collapses, bridge crane construction, aircraft hangar construction, retaining walls, slope issues, concrete failures, rebar design, framing, structural steel fabrication, sinkholes, helical piers, stucco, sewer lines, piping design and installation, plumbing, roofing, windows, building envelope issues, geotechnical analysis, soil borings, groundwater, environmental, grout curtains, cutoff walls, waterproofing, and water intrusion. Jennifer is a LEED® Accredited Professional with a specialty in building design and construction.
Her mediation and arbitration experience has involved public and private projects, commercial, industrial, aerospace, governmental, infrastructure, multifamily, mixed-use residential, and residential projects. She is experienced in design-bid-build, design-build, joint venture, construction management, project management, and other contractual arrangements and delivery systems for complex commercial construction projects.
Jennifer also has extensive complex commercial litigation experience. As a former business litigator, and as a neutral, her commercial litigation experience includes contract disputes, partnership and shareholder conflicts and derivative claims, director and officer liability, deceptive and unfair trade practices, business tort litigation, commercial real estate disputes, commercial lease disputes, premises liability claims, employment disputes, employee dishonesty suits, restrictive covenant disputes, professional liability claims, and negligence, including arbitrating and mediating claims involving nursing and long-term care facilities.
Her arbitration, mediation, and/or litigation experience includes insurance involved disputes, such as insurance coverage litigation, fidelity bond claims, crime policies, D&O policies, professional liability policy claims, and bad faith.
Jennifer is available to mediate and arbitrate in Jacksonville, Savannah, Atlanta and central Florida (Tampa, Orlando, Lakeland, and surrounding areas).
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2001
- Editor, Syracuse Law Review
- Editor, Syracuse Law and Technology Journal
- Justinian Honor Society
- ATLA Trial Team
- Law Clerk, U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- Law Clerk, U.S. Attorney’s Office, Northern District of New York
- State University of New York at Geneseo, B.A., 1998
- Dean’s List & Scholarship Recipient
- President, Pre-Law Society
- President, Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
- Intern, Monroe County District Attorney’s Office
- Volunteer, Livingston County Center for Dispute Resolution
Admitted to Practice
- Florida Bar
- Florida Certified Circuit Civil Mediator
- Florida Supreme Court Qualified Arbitrator
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- State and Superior Courts of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
Professional or Trade Affiliations
- LEED Accredited Professional with specialty in Building Design & Construction
- Board of Directors, Atlanta Bar Association Dispute Resolution Section
- Atlanta Bar Association Construction Law Section
- Atlanta Bar Association Litigation Section
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- AAA Panel Arbitrator
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Jacksonville Women Lawyers Association
- Florida Women Lawyers Association
Honors and Awards
- Georgia’s Super Lawyers (Construction Law and ADR)
- Georgia Trend’s Legal Elite (Construction and Real Estate)
- Atlanta Magazine “Top Women Attorneys in Georgia”
- Episode 1.2: Unmasking the Arbitration Bias
- Episode 1.3: Winning in Arbitration- Part 1
- Episode 1.4: Winning in Arbitration – Part 2
- Virtual Arbitration: Practical Advice on Moving Forward in the Current Environment
- Residential & Multi-Family Construction Disputes: Is there a Practical Solution?
- Best Practices for Virtual Mediations & Arbitrations
- Mobile Mediation: A Practical Solution to Settling Construction Disputes on the Job Site