Miles Mediation & Arbitration to Offer Free Educational Resources for Mediation Week 2020
Miles Mediation & Arbitration will present some of the Southeast’s leading in-house attorneys, corporate executives, and mediators to mark Mediation Week 2020 (October 19-23) in a series of free CLEs and other educational opportunities covering mediation. The American Bar Association will also recognize Mediation Week virtually with the theme this year: “Access to Justice – The Role of Mediation.” The Dispute Resolution Section of the ABA has nearly 11,000 members, and Miles Mediation & Arbitration neutral Winter Wheeler oversaw development of this year’s ABA Virtual Mediation Week.
Each day of Mediation Week 2020 will focus on a different topic in mediation to help the public and the legal community better understand the mediation process and best practices. During the COVID-19 pandemic many trials have been delayed. Mediation is a viable option for litigants to resolve cases while saving money, time, and the emotional turmoil often experienced during litigation.
Here’s a rundown of the week’s free live and on-demand events being produced by Miles Mediation & Arbitration. They can all be accessed beginning October 19 on the Miles website.
- Monday: “Best Practices in Mediation”
- Tuesday: “ADR for Corporate Counsel”
- Wednesday: “Big Law & Mediation – Is There a Different Approach?”
- Thursday: “The Benefits of Early Mediation”
- Friday: “Diversity and Implicit Bias in Mediation”
The list of stellar presenters includes:
- Sloane Perras, Vice President, General Counsel & Chief Ethics Officer at Foss Maritime Company
- Evan Glover, Corporate Vice President of Law & Chief Privacy Officer of NCR
- Terry Williams, Director of Pricing at Hogan Lovells
- Robbie Ashe, Partner with Bondurant Mixon Elmore
- Rachel Gervin, Counsel for Mercedes Benz
- Tara Kozlowski, Executive Director of the North Carolina Dispute Resolution Commission
- Clyde Mize, Partner at Morris, Manning Martin
- Miles mediators and arbitrators: Bianca Motley Broom, Jim Cooley, Michael Eshman, Joe Murphey, Nancy Norelli, Rex Smith, Elizabeth Todd, Danae Woodward, and Nigel Wright.
In addition to the webinars, Miles will release a white paper written by international mediator and arbitrator Nigel Wright: “Is Mediation the Best Way to Resolve Cases in Litigation.” The white paper can be downloaded on the Miles website during Mediation Week. Miles will also offer several relevant videos and articles on mediation strategies and best practices, all available on the Miles website, milesmediation.com.